학교 생활

학교소개 보기학교소개보기 +

Saint Paul American School System 국제학교로서, 북경 사범대학제2부속중학과 교사 및 학점 교류제를 상호적용해 설립한 국제학교

입학절차 및 자격보기 +

현 중학교 재학중인 학생
중학교 졸업(졸업예정) 또는 동등이상의 학력을 인정 받은 학생

공지사항

공지사항

2020-2021 학년도 2학기의 온라인 수업에 대한 교장 선생님의 서신

페이지 정보

작성자 SPAS 작성일21-07-12 15:41 조회7,330회

첨부파일

본문

북경 세인트폴 학부모님께,
안녕하십니까.

북경 세인트폴 행정실입니다.
2020-2021 학년도 2학기의 온라인 수업에 대한 교장 선생님의 서신을 전달드립니다.

Dear Parents,  

I hope that you are all safe and healthy during these recent developments around the world as spikes in COVID19 become more common during flu season.  Through proper precautions, wearing masks, and avoiding potentially hazardous situations, we may all begin 2021 in a healthy way as all nations gain ground in getting the pandemic under control.  

Today’s letter is regarding the continuation of online classes for the second semester of the 2020-2021 school year.  Though we have been hopeful throughout the current semester to fully reintegrate all our international students back into the classroom in February, the likelihood of this is now very slim.  Entry into China has continued to be a rigorous and complicated process for all foreigners, and the process for entry into the country through COVID testing and quarantine has recently become stricter.  With the resultant conditions, our school is officially planning to continue online classes into the second semester of the school year.  

This is not the news that I would have wanted to bring to you in today’s letter.  Both our teachers and our students would prefer to be back together in Beijing in an in-person learning environment.  Despite this news, I am confident that our online program will continue to fully serve our students in their learning, build their education in meaningful ways, and prepare them for their educational journey ahead.   

As you know, we have made improvements to our teaching methods, made clearer expectations, and improved our schedule as we grow into and adapt to long-term online learning.  The recent visit for reaccreditation through Cognia also provided comments from the organization that they were impressed with the structure and integrity of our online learning system.  Student participating in our classes and surveys have provided positive feedback and insightful data in their experiences that has helped to guide our teachers. With this at hand, I am confident in our online structure for next semester.   

I will also be implementing “Mountain Day”, a non-holiday day off in the semester for both students and teachers to get some reprieve from the rigors of online learning.   We have ample seat time to implement this, and I think it will be a boon for morale and a deserved break from our computer screens.   

I am looking forward to communicating more with you into next semester.  Our December holiday break is coming in two short weeks, December 19th to January 3rd.  I hope you have a great break and a great vacation with your families. 

Kind Regards,  

Image preview

Gregory Aiello 

Principal
December 4th, 2020

학부모님들께, 

독감 시즌에 코로나의 급증 현상이 최근 전세계에서 전개되는 지금 여러분 모두가 안전하고 건강하시길 바랍니다. 적절한 예방조치, 마스크 착용, 그리고 잠재적으로 위험한 상황을 피함으로써, 모든 국가가 유행병을 통제하는 데 유리한 위치를 갖음에 따라, 저희 모두가 건강하게 2021년을 시작할 수 있을 것입니다. 

오늘은 2020~2021학년도 2학기에도 이어질 온라인 수업에 관한 서신을 보내 드립니다. 이번 학기 내내 2월에 모든 국제 학생들이 다시 강의실로 완전히 돌아올 수 있을 것이라고 희망해 왔지만, 현재로 써는 그럴 가능성이 매우 낮아 보입니다. 외국인의 중국 입국은 여전히 엄격하고 복잡한 과정이 요구되고 있으며, 최근 코로나 검사 및 격리을 통한 중국 입국 절차가 더욱더 엄격해졌습니다. 이에 따라 저희 학교는 공식적으로 2학기까지 온라인 수업을 계속할 계획입니다. 

여러분에게 이러한 소식을 전해드리고 싶지는 않았습니다. 저희 선생님들과 학생들 모두 함께 북경에서 면대면 수업을 할 수 있는 환경을 선호할 것입니다. 이 소식에도 불구하고, 저희 온라인 프로그램은 계속해서 학생들의 학습을 충실하게 이끌고, 의미 있는 방법으로 지식을 쌓고, 앞으로의 교육 여정에 대비할 것이라는걸 확신합니다. 

아시다시피 장기적인 온라인 학습 안에서 성장하고 적응하면서 저희는 교육 방식을 개선하고, 더 분명한 기대치를 만들고, 일정을 개선해왔습니다. 최근 재인증을 위해 Cognia가 저희 학교를 방문하였을 때에 이 기관에서 저희 온라인 학습 시스템의 구조와 무결성에 감명받았다는 코멘트를 주기도 했습니다. 수업과 설문조사에 참여한 학생들은 자신들의 긍정적인 경험에 대한 피드백과 의미있는 자료들을 제공해 주었으며, 이는 선생님들이 더 나은 수업을 제공하는데 도움이 되었습니다. 이것을 바탕으로 다음 학기 온라인 수업의 구조에 자신이 있습니다. 

또한 학생들과 선생님들 모두가 온라인 학습의 고단함을 어느 정도 만회할 수 있도록 학기 중 휴일이 아닌날 쉴 수 있는 "Mountain Day"를 시행할 것입니다. 이러한 날이 사기에 도움이 될 것이고 컴퓨터 화면의 노출로 부터 쉴 수 있는 시간이 될 것입니다. 

다음 학기에 여러분들과 더 많은 소통을 할 수 있기를 기대합니다. 12월 19일부터 1월 3일까지인 저희 12월 크리스마스 방학이 짧은 2주 후에 다가옵니다. 가족과 함께 즐거운 휴식과 즐거운 휴가 보내시길 바랍니다. 

감사합니다,  

Image preview 

Gregory Aiello 교장 

12월 4일 2020년